On Saturday 31st October, the UK Government announced a four-week lockdown in England, which will come into effect on today, Thursday 5th November.
But what does this mean for the property market?
Fortunately, this lockdown will not directly impact those looking to move over the next four weeks.
So, what do we know?
Yesterday the UK Government has voted in favour of a second lockdown across England starting from today, until 2nd December.
Under the Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (England) (No. 4) Regulations 2020 which underpins the second national lockdown, estate and letting agents and removals firms can continue to work.
What does that mean for you?
According to the gov.uk/new national restrictions from 5th November, the following:
· You can still move home. People outside your household or support bubble should not help with moving home unless absolutely necessary.
· Estate and letting agents and removals firms can continue to work and people looking to move home can continue to undertake viewings.
· Follow the national guidance on moving home safely, which includes advice on social distancing and wearing a face covering.
Since the pandemic began, estate and letting agents have had to adapt to working in a new and safe manner. It's extremely important that the agent you have chosen has processes in place to reduce the risk of COVID-19. Luckily, Chilterns has implemented a strict COVID-secure policy to ensure the safety of both customers and colleagues.
What are we doing?
In addition to our Covid-19 Health and Safety Document, the following:
· Our offices are operating an appointment-only system. So please be sure to call ahead, rather than just stopping in. The front door will remain locked to control the number of visitors within each branch, this will provide extra assurance to both our teams and anyone visiting.
· Our staff will continue to follow the current social distancing rules, including wearing a face covering as laid out by the Government. We ask all persons who have made an appointment to wear a facemask before entering the office for more information regarding this, please see gov.uk/face coverings.
· For viewings, we will make full use of our virtual viewing tools and only arrange physical viewings where the buyer is genuinely interested in the property.
· All viewings will be by appointment only, and we will confirm the viewing process in writing to all parties prior to the appointment.
· There will be no open house events for the time being.
· As per the current guidelines, All physical viewings where prospective buyers or renters will be entering the property, should involve no more than 2 households inside the property at any one time. This includes any agent accompanying either party.
· If people are being shown around your home, you should open all internal doors and ensure surfaces, such as door handles, are cleaned after each viewing with standard household cleaning products. We recommend that you vacate your property while viewings are taking place in order to minimise unnecessary contact. For more information regarding viewings, please refer to gov.uk/advice on home moving.
· We will continue to offer our digital valuation options. This enables us to complete a valuation in accordance with the seller/landlord’s instructions, virtually.
· Physical valuations will continue as they have been during this pandemic, with both parties adhering to social distancing rules and wearing a face covering.
If you have questions on the above or queries in general, please do contact us using the below information:
Email us at email@example.com
Call us on 01842 773520
Message us on Facebook @chilternsltd